Green Storage (GS) is a biotechnology and bioengineering of food storage technologies and storage quality preservation oriented company. GS was branched from FTIC Ltd. to provide upgrading and more dynamic entity for R&D and marketing its advanced post-harvest technologies.
We provide consultancy services for the food industry, pest control and quality assurance.
The founding staff is composed of whose professions that include expertise and on conservation: food technology, storage engineering, entomology, biochemistry, agricultural economics and pest control. Potential customers are the traditional food industries, the agro-industry, the animal feed industry, the kosher food industry and the organic food industry.
After the harvest, fresh plants have a very short shelf-life. There are no more than 24 h to give them the treatment that will disinfection, and prepare them for export.
Green Storage has deveolped a system that can fumigate a varied amount of pests, in the special conditions which fresh plants are kept at - low temperatures between 2°C and 8°C. The technology provides quarantine fumigation for cut flowers, fresh herbs, fresh plants and more.
Read on this technology has who has been published in a couple of scientific conferences:
- Fumigation of fresh herbs with phosphine as a new quarantine treatment
- Quick phosphine generation and recirculation in gastight structures for quarantine treatment
Wide range of storage and fumigation products
Based on long time research, experience and knowledge on fumigation and fumigants, GS provides solutions and training in fumigation. Fumigation can be carried out under gastight sealed flexible enclosures or in special gas tight rigid chambers.
GS provides planning and construction services for special gas tight rigid chambers.
Design of silos for the food and feed industry based on controlled atmospheres for long term storage and quality preservation of durable commodities.
Stored products pests rearing
Green Storage provides insect rearing of stored commodities. These pests are being reared at GS laboratories to provide services for the such as:
- Testing pesticides' efficacy.
- Testing efficacy of new food packaging against insects.
Some of our common insects:
- Lasioderma serricorne (tobbaco beettle)
- Plodia interpunctella (indian meal moth)
- Tribolium castaneum (red flour beetle)
- Oryzaephilus surinamensis (saw toothed grain beetle)
- Carpophilus hemipterus (dried fruit beetle)
- Trogoderma granarium (khapra beetle)
- Sitophilus granarius (granary weevil)
- Sitophilus oryzae (rice weevil)
- Ryhyzopertha dominica (lesser grain borer)
- Necrobia rufipes (Kopra beetle)
- Callosobruchus maculatus (cowpea weevil)
Green Storage is recognized by the Israeli environmental protection agency for calibrating gas measuring instruments for accurate fumigation actions held by pest control companies.
Green Storage is specialized in calibration gas measuring instrument such as: Phosphine, Methyl bromide, Carbon dioxide and Oxygen manufactured by United Phosphorus Ltd. and more.